Surgery was 7:30am Thursday 26th May! Got out of surgery just after 1pm where I was taken straight to ICU. I was extremely numb and vomited twice, but felt better after they gave me some anti-nausea meds! The suction tube was great at getting rid of all the excess blood/saliva! They also rinsed out my mouth every few hours! The pain is ok at the moment, mainly heavy, discomfort feeling!
The numbing on my tounge and roof of mouth was horrible and took ages to go away! At 9pm it was still way too numb to drink any fluids or suck on ice! Luckily they were pumping fluids into me. In and out of sleep all night! The nurses were incredibly good and made me feel very comfortable, replacing my ice packs often and cleaning my face and nose :) I can breath out my nose perfectly at the moment but there is a fair bit of blood that occasionally drips out.
ICU was very noisy lastnight! Staff walking past and constantly talking, which was a bit annoying! Blood pressure was checked every 30mins to an hour and I had 3 changes of nurses whom were all lovely and very supportive! I am talking ok, the nurses seemed to be able to understand me so thats a good sign I guess.
I Got moved to my own private room at lunch time and am now in a general ward! So much better then ICU, I will get a good nights sleep here for sure! Watching a bit of tv and just had a visit from my mum who thinks I look a lot better then yesterday arvo when I still had my fluid tubes attached to my chin and was vomiting from the anesthesia ! Was a very strange feeling when they removed the tubes this morning! The nurse told me to take a deep breath in as it may hurt. It felt like they were tugging my new chin off my face. :(
Sorry no photos as yet as I'm updating from my phone! Will write more later! Just wanted to let you know I'm doing ok :)
Yay your surgery is over!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you're doing well and that you're recovering. :)
I really hope you recover fast so you don't have to spend more nights in the hospital. It must be really hard having so many disruptions and trying to get any sleep. Did they say when you get to go home?
Anyway hope your recovery goes great! So happy your surgery is over :)
Hey, Rihanna! So glad to hear from you and that all is going okay. You sound good over a blog anyway... I can tell you, no nurses offered to clean my face so you must be getting good care, ha ha! How are you breathing, okay? Are you banded shut? What an exciting week with both you and Dani having surgery. She is doing well too. Can't wait to hear more from you! :-)
ReplyDeleteJust saw my surgeon Dr. M, and I will be here for a couple more days at beat! I can feel 2 elastics in my mouth and I can open it wide enough to eat custard and jelly and a bit of ice-cream! The ice-cream was so lovely and cold! Very nice:) My room is very quite and I had a good sleep this arvo! Face looks pretty swollen but I have a chin!!! Very exciting to see that and my teeth in perfect bite position!
ReplyDeleteTina I am breathig fine! Nose is not blocked or dripping, just slighly crusty in the inside but I can remove that preety easily with a wet cotton bud!
you made it!!! congrats
ReplyDeleteglad to see your doing much better
ah im so jealous, you can eat...but its really amazing how much different you look from coming out of surgery to like a day or two later...
ice does wonders
wishing you a very smooth recovery <3
Yay Rhianna! It's so great to hear from you. It sounds like you're keeping a positive attitude. I hope your next few days fly by quicker than mine have. Can't wait to see pictures :)
ReplyDeleterhianna, i'm so happy you made it to the other side and are doing so well!!! keep us posted on your progress and i look forward to pics soon!
ReplyDelete