Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 2

Still in the hospital. Saw my surgeon Dr. M this morning and he says I am looking good! He took the elastics out of mouth as he feels I dont need then anymore. I can open my mouth just wide enough to eat soup and jelly! I am drinking fluids regularly, which means I'm constantly needing to go to the toilet. I even had a quick shower today and put on my own pjs! Feel so much better after getting cleaned!

Had a good amount of sleep lastnight with not too much pain! I still have my cannula in but it's caped so I can move around an go to the toilet!
My head and face is still really heavy and I feel sleepy all the time. Looks like I will still be here till Monday morning! It's ok though, I've got my parents here today and some friends are visiting me tomorrow!

I have been taking photos but will have to upload them when I get home. Can't seem to do it off my phone! Sorry about that :(

Had a lovely visit from a friend this arvo who came just in time to help me go down and get some xrays done! I felt really weak, sore and tired, so I was very thankful that she was there to hold my hand and help me down to the ground floor. I dad some panadol when I got back up to my room, was definitely needed after walking a fair distance for the first time.

update on day 2: Ok, so I haven't slept at all today..feeling the pain now that's for sure..waiting for my next lot of meds at 10pm... In the meantime I'm watching tv with ice packs and trying not to think about the pain :( it's just so uncomfortable and heavy! I really hope I get some sleep tonight

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rhianna, The good thing is that the hospital is the safest place you can be. Hopefully by the time you go home on monday your energy will be up and you'll be feeling a lot better. I'm very excited to keep reading your posts and hear about your progress. Hope you're feeling better soon and that your recovery goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Rhianna! you had your surgery! It sounds like you are doing really great:) so sorry your in so much pain though that stinksss hang in there!! but wow at least you can eat jelly! jelly always cheers me up ha:) sending lots of love and can't wait to see your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of the luck for your recovery. I'll be following the progress. cheers from argentina

    ReplyDelete