Ok, so lastnight was horrible! The pain was intense, my head and TMJ's were throbbing, jaws ached and slightly clicked when I swallowed, Lips and chin twitched and tingled! I guess this was all to be expected being only two days out from jaw surgery! Sleep was almost impossible. I kept getting really hot, pushing my blankets off, then would get really cold again! Did anyone else experience this? Also evertime I went to close my eyes, I felt my head spinning and generally just felt sick! I thought the night would never end! It was only at 5am when my nurse gave me some more Endone and panodol that I actually felt well enough to sleep straight through to 8am! Had to kinda wake myself up for breakfast as I was still feeling really drowsy, and could have easily continued sleeping! Once I had breakfast, another shower and some more Endone at 11:30am, I felt really good for the rest of the day!
I had 3 of my closest friends come to visit me this arvo and they spent a good 2hours with me watching tv and chatting! Was great to have them here, made the day go quicker. However I proberbly talked more them I should have, because dinner was a little harder to eat. They did bring me a few yummy fruit pouches and some baby baked beans which I added to my soup to make it a bit more plentiful :)
I cleaned my teeth today with my baby toothbrush and some water and have been using the oral oxyjet they gave me every hour! I will take it home with me and continue using it!
My bottom lip and chins have decreased in swelling and I can actually feel myself applying lip balm and moisturising cream! They are very dry still but not as numb as yesterday :) the left side of my face is more swollen then the right but I am yet to see much bruising! I guess that will appear in the next few days! I have been wearing my ice packs 24/7 so hopefully this has helped! The pain really is worse at night so hoping tonight is better.. Fingers crossed
Can't wait to get home and post up some photos! I see the surgeon tomorrow morning :) hopefully he will think I'm ready to be discharged :)
I had that hot-and-cold thing last night, it's miserable. Hopefully Day 3 was your worst and things will start improving for you :) Can't wait to see some pictures!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your bad night, I really hope things get better for you soon. Looking forward to seeing your future posts and I hope you get to go home soon.
ReplyDelete