Thursday, May 19, 2011

Surgical hooks are on!! 6 days to go!!!

I am getting so close now and it feels great!! Only 6 days till I walk though the hospital doors and say goodbye to my OPEN BITE!

Here is a photo of my surgical hooks that were put on today! They are tiny and fairly unobtrusive which I'm very happy about. 6 hooks in total. Dani how many did you get on?? I know Tina got a few more then 6.. oh well must be different for everyone.. :)

check out my off-centered mid-line. top teeth are currently in correct alignment. Its just the bottom jaw that will be shifted 2mm back into proper center alignment.


Also.. check out my video below. Sorry I ramble on a bit, but I mention you guys (my fellow bloggers) so I want you all to watch :)

bahhaha woops! I just re-watched my video and noticed that I say at the beginning, Thursday 19th MARCH!!!! What the?? I totally meant MAY!!! God, imagine if It was still March.. I would still have ages to wait :(



Below is a photo recap showing my progress in braces.

Bite and teeth alignment before Braces were placed. September 2010


3 months with braces

Aprox 7months with braces. Notice the thicker wires and post/spikes attached. They have remained and I now have my surgical hooks on.





3 comments:

  1. Yeah! You'll do great. My thoughts will be with you.
    Fyi, diff between yours and dani's is her upper will be cut in 3 pieces while your cut in one. Yours is mor common and less complicated. You both will do so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me SO happy to see Lucas' paw paw ointment in your video! That stuff is my absolute fav! We don't have it in the states but I brought one home with me last time I was there and will be using it after surgery. We are getting sooo close! Do you know how much movement they will be doing? How much are they impacting the upper jaw? You're doing the genio also right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rihanna. I saw your question about how I am feeling and leaving the house 9 days post-op. I feel really good and plan to drive myself to the grocery store today. I sleep fine at night, thanks to Vicodin. And then in the day, I only take Advil for the pain (which is really only pins and needles feelings in mt face from nerves waking). I usually take a brief nap everyday but I don't know if it is necessary or if i'm just bored. I do know that I get tired easily if I am running around too much....like like playing with my 1 yr old twin nephews.

    So, I think yes, you could likely do what you are thinking, and just attend the ceremony. It might tire you out but I think you could do it.

    Also, keep in mind that I am one of those type A people with a torch under my ass so I tend to recovery faster than most just because I can't still still long and also because I don't really give a damn what the public thinks of my goofy face. Lol

    My boyfriend just saw me for the first time yesterday. We live together but I had been staying at my mom's. He says I look like a freak and he is appalled that I am going to the grocery store today. He thinks women and children will be gasping and crying and pointing fingers at me. So you can see everyone has a different view...

    ReplyDelete