Friday, May 6, 2011

Update video and recap on reasons for surgery!!

Just a quick video update which was made yesterday, Thursday 5th May.. I will try and post one last video before my surgery when I have my surgical hooks on.

Sydney has been having such lovely autumn weather at the moment, unfortunately I have been stuck inside doing uni work.. not fun at all. Its sooo cold in my house and I would much rather be out in the sunshine. I try to go for a walk everyday because its just too depressing being indoors. Definitely not looking forward to spending hours on end stuck inside recovering from my surgery. Luckily I have a nice big backyard where I can sit in the sun and drink tea without any one being able to see me all bruised and swollen! lol



Recap on the reasons for having my surgery.
A few people keep asking me WHY do I need the surgery???? and am I really experiencing allot of pain and discomfort from my jaws?? the answer is a big

YES!!!

1. Not being able to eat/chew food properly. No front teeth contact.
2. Grinding my back teeth constantly at night- my jaw shifts around and clicks, resulting in TMJ pain, neck pain, tension headaches and migraines.
3. Difficulty in breathing through nose due to airway blockage. Septioplasty and jaw correction will dramatically open up my airways and help me to breath better.
4. Unflattering profile aspects from my open bite include an elongated face, recessed chin, gummy smile and a extremely convex profile.
5. Self confidence!!! Surgery will dramatically improve this.

If I was to not get the surgery done, the pain associated with having this jaw condition would only get WORSE!!! So its quite a necessity for me.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you, Rihanna. It is really annoying having to constantly explain myself to people on why I am having this surgery. I can only imagine it will be even more annoying post-op when I look different. Sigh... Hang in there. Once it is all said and done, who cares what anyone else thinks. They are ignorant and don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. First time i think i watch your videos and blog.
    Are you going to get bi-maxilar surgery or only upper jaw? I'm in the same way....First operation in august. Best luck and i'll be following. Cheers from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey first off i love your accent

    by any chance do you know if your having a intraoral ramus osteotomy, or a BSSO cause i no especially with tmj ivro dramatically helps with the pain..

    jus 15 days to go =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am only having Mamaxillary Osteotomy surgery. I have symptoms associated with TMJ but do not have the actual disorder, however If I don't have the surgery now the TMJ will get dramatically worse.

    ReplyDelete