Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DONE!!! 15 months post op

Hey Bloggers.

It certainly has been awhile, but I wanted to check back in and update you all. I'm sorry I have been so distant. As you can imagine, Life got busy!! I have been thinking about you all, especially those who have recently had surgery or preparing to go in soon. I will try my best to get up to date with your posts. I do really hope even though I am not on here as much anymore that my blog continues to help others.

Ok, so I've just come back from a massive 6 week holiday over in the UK and US. I had a fantastic time and even got to meet up with 2 very special bloggers (Dani and Amanda) in beautiful Santa Monica. What a great catchup we had! I still can't really believe it. I started this blog here from Sydney, Australia and would have never thought that one day I would have the chance to meet not one fellow blogger but 2 on the other side of the world!!!!! Very cool experience and one I will never forget :)

On Tuesday I had my final review with my Orthodontist. He took me for a quick trip down memory lane, looking at all my dental photos dating way back to when I first came into his practice at around 12years of age. So many photos on file of me and my teeth/bite showing my slow progress and gradual improvement over the years. Seeing his official before/after photos of me is always overwhelming. Such a massive change. He is very pleased with how everything has turned out, as am I!!!!
It's definitely a surreal feeling knowing that I am now 'on my own', I'm finally done with his treatment after such a loooong journey and many years of appointments. I am so very thankful for his time, commitment and on going persistence with fixing my bite and teeth. I would have never received such an incredible smile without his and my surgeon's amazing expertise and skills. Such a gift :)

Here's a few update photos. I graduated from University back in May. I was so excited to get some nice photos with my family and braces FREE.


                                                           
                                                                  Finally a graduate :)


With my beautiful Sister and Mum <3 


With my big bro on London Bridge. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm having surgery in like 3 hours and I'm scared out of my mind. But reading this post only shows me what lies ahead. That I'm almost there where you are. Your smile is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Rhianna!! You looks so beautiful!
    I'm so glad you're doing well. I miss you here on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! I'm so jealous, my graduation photo is a bracey, gummy wonkey, goofy mess. Maybe I'll get another degree just so I can have another photo taken post-braces?!

    ReplyDelete