Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Massive Migraine!!!!!!!


Yesterday I was struck with the WORST Migraine I have ever experienced!!!! I woke up feeling very groggy and with sore teeth/jaw from my previous nights grinding. I Also had a bit of a nickeling headache which is pretty normal for me and usually goes away after a few hours. Little did I know that it was going to turn into a killer Migraine :(

I had to go to my appointment at Sydney Oral Design to have all my models taken that morning. On the way down I felt really tired even though it was only 10:30am. I had about 4 models taken of both my upper and lower jaw. This involved having my mouth uncomfortably opened wide for about 10 minutes, wearing this large metal head brace thingo while the molds set into place. I have had similar ones taken at the Orthodontist so it wasn't that bad. Just a bit annoying.

After lunch I felt ready for bed. I could tell that my headache was getting worse and I was still really sleepy, however I stupidly ignored the warning signs that a migraine was coming on and decided to get some jobs done. I cleaned up the kitchen and vacuumed out my car.

By 4pm, I pulled myself into bed cringing with pain. The whole left side of my head was throbbing and radiating. I couldn't seem to get any relief unless I held my hand tightly over my head with a cold face cloth and laid really still in my dark room. It was like a paralyzing migraine, because every time I slightly moved, a sudden sick feeling of Nausea would come over me. Luckily Mum rushed into my room with a bucket, thank god!
It was such a horrible experience, one moment I would feel incredible hot, the next incredibly cold and shivering constantly. Very scary not really having any control over it and just waiting for the pain to subside. I would not wish that on anyone! The pain lasted about 3-4 hours and I stayed in bed all night with nothing to eat till this morning.

As I was laying in bed, I kept thinking about my surgery and how I am going to feel when I come out. I know I will be heavily sedated with medication and will sleep allot, I just hope that I am not struck with pounding headaches/migraines like the one I experienced yesterday :(

Today I am taking it easy and filling out a very large form so I can claim sickness allowance. I am taking 6-8 weeks off from work so hopefully I can still get a bit of money coming in while I recover from my surgery at home.

Anyways I hope everyone else is doing well and does not experience any horrible headaches/migraines leading up to their surgery day. xx :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww!! That sucks! I really hope you don't have to experience another one of those. You're getting so close to your surgery date! I'm so excited for you :)
    I hope everything goes smoothly from here on for you.

    ReplyDelete