Thursday, June 2, 2011

1 WEEK POST OP


I HAVE SURVIVED THE 1ST WEEK!!!

My work sent me these beautiful flowers and balloons today to celebrate :)

I cannot believe when I walked into the private hospital today to have another post op consultation with my OS, who had just come out of theatre, that this time last week it was ME in there having my surgery done... NOW I am well and truly on the other side, and recovering well.
It does feel like its been a quick week, but then again looking back, those first few days were very looong and painful... literally. The nights have been the worst when you can't sleep and the pain is really BAD. I remember every time I looked at the clock on day 2 and 3, it seemed like no time had actually passed and I felt like the night would never end.

I got re-banded again today. looks like this when looking front on. /\ 2 elastics that meet together at my top mid line hook. Wow!! they are super tight and going to be very annoying, but I like the fact that with the bands on, my new bite feels 100% secure and in its exact position. I love looking at how perfectly they now align. So strange to see my top teeth actually fit over my bottom teeth.

Do you think my swelling has decreased?? My face still feels very heavy and pumpkin swollen, and my nose is tender and sore around the outside of each nostril. I guess that's from the septoplasty and having stitches up there. More feeling is coming back to my chin, especially at the tip and under my neck :)

Also..Can anyone tell me when the stitches inside you mouth dissolve? Thats one thing I forgot to ask my OS today.

Here are some Day 7 photos.




I have not needed any Panodol today, and have been eating and drinking heaps :) Chicken soup with noodles, scrambled eggs and chocolate custard and yogurt. I have lost 3kilos, even though I have been eating well. I think the majority of the weight was lost while in hospital for 4 nights. The food in there really did suck :(

Eating, eating eating!!! gotta love the baby bib.. thanks to my niece for letting me borrow it. haha



2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I felt the same way those initial nights, staring at the clock, wishing so badly morning would come.

    Your swelling looks down and you are looking really good. I am so envious you have a chin. I am still waiting for mine. I had a genio so that is why mine is so swollen. My nose had feeling from day 1 so yes, it must be the septoplasty.

    My last stitch finally fell out day 20... The majority fell out quickly...the ones on the sides. Then I think the ones under my bottom lip. The one under my top lip is the one that took forever. It was really bothering me when i'd smile so I was super happy when I saw it fall into the sink. Mine seemed to fall out during my salt water rinse sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great Rihanna! Looks like your swelling is decreasing. the good thing is things seem to get a lot easier after the first week so its a good thing thats over for you. Before you know it your swelling will be gone and you'll get to enjoy your beautiful new and functional jaw. :) Glad that you're doing well

    ReplyDelete