Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 21 -3 WEEKS POST OP

I feel as though my swelling has slightly increased these last couple of days! I don't know if its from the way I've been sleeping or not, but I feel more puffier at the moment :(
I am not sleeping upright at all anymore, I use 3 pillows and sleep right down on my side. Anyways I think I will start alternating from my ice-packs to my heat packs a bit more today to see if I can get the swelling to go down at all. I totally agree with you guys that you look and feel more swollen in the morning then at night! So annoying.

The weather is driving me insane!!! It's still overcast, cold and rainy. I am wishing so much for the sun to come back out as I am getting really down being inside all the time. I have only been able to go for one walk so far this week. The week just seems to go so much slower when the weather is crap!!


Sorry about the quality/colour contrast of these pics! Still do not have a working digital camera at the moment! But you get the general idea anyway...

I seem to be able to smile more on my left side. (notice the creases)
Right side is a lot more stiff and swollen!

2 comments:

  1. Looking great Rhianna!
    Seems like from following all these blogs of recent surgery patients that swelling really does last a while. You guys all look so good but I can imagine how annoying it must be to wait weeks and weeks to see the final outcome of what your new post surgery face will be like, and also to have full mobility back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really good, Rhianna! I also can smile more on one side than the other. It is completely normal. Cute chin!!!

    ReplyDelete