Thursday, June 9, 2011

2 WEEKS POST OP

No appointments today, so I went for a lovely walk with mum to get out of the house. I am about to sit down and watch the Black Swan. I have not seen it yet, but am a bit of a fan of Natalie Portman. I have heard the movie is pretty full on and a bit strange. We shall see if it's any good.

I don't think I have mentioned in my blog yet about the massive bruise I got while in surgery! When I woke up in ICU my right arm was absolutely killing me and I thought they had broken it in theatre. Mum said I wasn't complaining about any pain except for my arm. Apparently they had a hard time taking out some blood and getting the cannula into that arm. It is bizarre that this would cause such a horrific bruise. I donate blood all the time and have never had any troubles with needles. I showed my surgeon at our last appointment and he doubled checked my lymph node glands in that arm to make sure everything was still ok.
All good, I just had an unusual reaction in that arm :(

Anyway its a beauty of a bruise hey?!
The biggest I've ever had. It's actually worse then the
bruising I got on my face. I have been showing everyone because it's pretty impressive. haha



Bruise on day 1 in hospital
Bruise at 2 weeks.


Day 14 profile pics. Not much change




6 comments:

  1. Wow, you look nice. I am not happy with how I look at all. I thought I was still swollen but I think this is just what my new look is. My jawline is huge and just a big giant "U". You and Dani look so nice and femanine and I looks very manly. Ugh. Oh well. I am ready to just move on already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY impressive bruise. Your face looks fantastic for only being two weeks post-surgery. Really nice profile:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. look great Rhianna! Do you think at the two week point you would be well enough to return to school? Trying to get an idea of how much time I would need off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terra, just weighing in on your question (hope you don't mind Rhianna)- I think you should be completely fine to go back to school after 2 weeks. The biggest thing holding me back now (at 17 days) is my lip, but I have had the energy and ability to concentrate probably since day 12, and I was a bit of a slow healer. 2 weeks should be good when all you have to do is sit in class and pay attention

    Rhianna- that bruise is insane! That must have been quite the complication, I have never seen a bruise like that. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do feel like I have lots of energy at the moment but I don't know If I would go back to uni just yet. Thankfully I don't have to go back till July 25th... That seems ages away I know. I will go back to work soon, hopefully.
    I haven't driven a car yet, I just don't want to push myself too soon. I get really tired in the early evening and I've been going to bed at like 9pm every night and sleeping right through till 7am,

    I guess recovery is different for everyone, we are young so we have that advantage but it really depends on each person. I still can't close my mouth properly because of the stitches, and I still slurp all the time and with the elastics in, it's kinda hard to talk normally. I don't know If I would feel comfortable at uni just yet, but if your just sitting in classes and not really talking/interacting with people, then Yes!! go for it :)

    ReplyDelete