Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 19

It has been so wet and rainy this long weekend, so I have spent a majority of the time as a couch potato, reading and watching movies. I did make it out in public with my friends on Sunday. We went to see the movie, Water For Elephants. I wore 2/ 3 of my elastics, so I could at least talk normally and not slurp as much. It is annoying not being able to fully close my lips, I felt as though people would be wondering what was wrong with me, but I don't think anyone even looked me at all. I was even able to eat a few pieces of popcorn, success!!

It's been hard to find motivation for any exercise because of the wet weather, but I am going to make a big effort this week to get off my bum and do something!! I have lost weight, but am slowly putting it back on as I am constantly eating but not really moving. I had to suspend my Gym membership for a few weeks, while I was recovering, but I wonder when I should go back?

I usually do a Pump class or a Cardio Boxing class 2 or 3 times a week, but definitely don't feel up to lifting weights and doing squats, lunges and deadlifts, just yet. There are a few things from the class I could attempt at home, so I might try that first.

Yesterday was a public holiday for the Queens birthday. I work as a casual Barista at a local cafe and I usually work EVERY public holiday as the money is amazing! I really missed working yesterday, the people are fun, and all I was doing was sitting at home, wasting the day away. I took 6 weeks off from work, but thinking I will go back a little sooner.

Not much else to discuss. My bottom lip is still really numb and I am attempting to chew soft food like toast now. Because of the lack of movement, and stiffness in that lip, It does take a long time to get through my food, plus I still dribble. I would NOT feel comfortable eating out in public at the moment :(

When I attempt to smile or laugh, the bottom half of my face feels so stiff and chubby, like a cabbage patch kid. I don't have all my expression lines back either. I know it takes time, but I hate waiting!!!

Before and after

My bite and smile was HUGE!! no open gap now :)






6 comments:

  1. Are you missing your big smile at all right now? I am still having trouble smiling because of my upper lip, but when I do smile, I feel like so little of my teeth show. My surgeon and I decided I'd only be impacted 1-2mm because I didn't mind how much tooth showed pre-op, but I feel like you can barely see my teeth now when I smile! Just wondering how you're feeling.

    You look sooo cute by the way! You are adorable, really! I really truly think this surgery has done wonders for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell in the left photo that you are struggling to touch your lips together, I look the exact same way when I do! They are SO close, but just not close enough because of the swelling. It is going to be the oddest feeling when they are touching at rest, because it's probably been YEARS since they have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha cute and adorable like a cabbage patch kid?! That's how I feel sometimes.. But I don't really mind. I know it's just the remaining swelling.

    Yeah I miss my big smile, but not all the gumminess of it pre surgery. I think I will still end up with a big smile, It just hasn't reached it's full potential yet :) I like smiling and showing my teeth too, but I do feel I'm not showing as much teeth as I would like yet!

    Yes my lips don't come together naturally at the moment. My bottom lip doesn't look that swollen in photos, but it FEELS heaps swollen and puffy still. It is going to be an odd felling when they finally can meet. I am scared though that I might not get complete lip competence back :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rhianna, if you're looking to get back into exercise but don't feel up to anything too strenuous yet, I would recommend yoga. I've done yoga on and off for a few years, and although it's not really a hardcore way to get your body into shape, it could be a good reintroduction for you. I usually just get DVDs off amazon and do it at home rather than going to a class. I think your smile looks really pretty, and I'm sure it will start to feel and look more natural with time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raining weather is the pits when you are recovering. I know on days that it was sunny, I was feeling great, and then on the gloomy days, I felt awful. Funny how that works!

    Don't rush back into your fitness classes if you are not ready. Do some exercises at home and see how you feel. That is what I did for a good couple weeks. Hell, I don't go back to teaching until next week because I wanted to be sure I was okay. You don't want to be jumping up and down just yet so take it easy with some lights weights, pilates, yoga, etc.

    I also am not quite ready to eat in public yet. I can only imagine what I look like...yuck! And my lower face feels like play dough! We're almost there. One more month and I say me, you, and Dani will be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heyyy wahoo look at that smile, it feels good to just smile, its like the surgery was so worth it when you smile right?
    rainy weather its good sometimes and then sometimes its just depressing -__-

    i mean think of it like this your only weeks away from achieiving your million dollar smile, from going back to your usual routine, this will only be a mere post on a blog...
    i agree with tina, slow and easy is the best way to go reguarding exercise

    lower face feelin like play dough? haha thats such a funny way of putting it..

    cant wait to see how things turn up =)
    wishing you the best, and psst you look great

    ReplyDelete