Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 15

So at 7:30 this morning I got a call from my OS asking If I could come in at 11am to get my stitches removed. On Tuesday I asked him about the stitches and he said they should stay in for another week and a half. Our next appointment together was scheduled for the 28th June, which I thought, if my stitches hadn't already dissolved he would just take the rest out then. Anyways apparently he is going away and decided he didn't want me having them in for that long and wanted to take them out today.

It felt like I had my mouth wide open for ages while he carefully snipped out around 30 stitches...snip snip snip. I was trying to count as he went along my top and bottom gums. There were so many! The stitches up under my top lip were the most sensitive. It wasn't really that painful just uncomfortable. I am very glad to be finally free of them.

Today I thought I would do a profile comparison. A while back I posted a blog entry with photos of my current profile, pre surgery. (2nd down in my popular posts section) I was looking at them today and decided to take the same front on profile photo, to compare. Haha I even put on the same earrings this morning that I was wearing that day by accident.

Notice any changes? It's like a spot the difference game :)


Before and After


One massive change that I can notice is the elongation of my face height. Because he impacted my top jaw by 5mm, the mid portion of my face was shortened. Bringing the bottom jaw and chin forward also helped with decreasing my face height. Without the huge "open" bite, I will finally be able to close my lips without so much strain, which is so evident in the before photo.
At the moment it's still hard to fully close my lips because of all the tightness and swelling, but I am slowly getting there. I have NEVER been able to smile with my lips closed before, so it's exciting for me to know this might be possible, finally!!!!



5 comments:

  1. You look incredible! You look SO different, but still exactly like yourself! It's not that kind of change where you wouldn't be recognized by any means, but your face is definitely such a different shape. Wow. As I have been reading your posts, I started to get used to the face you have now, and kind of forgot what you looked like pre-op. It's so awesome to see them side by side. I can't wait to do this when my lip goes down all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dani! You look great! You did before as well, it is not like you look better or worse. You just look a little different and have a great bite! How cool! I am going to do the same thing with my before pic! I will do that in the next couple days and post it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally said 'wow' when I looked at your pictures! Having them side by side really lets you see the difference! Like you said, your face definitely looks a lot shorter, and you can see that your lips aren't straining to close now! I hope you're happy with the outcome, you definitely should be because I think you look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Your stitches are out AND you look amazing! You look just like you, but different/better, if that makes sense? Side by side, I can definitely see the difference in the height of your face, but it looks very natural, just like it should be. I am praying I have results like that... I don't want my face to change too much, but I do want my bite to be better! Glad you are healing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhianna, your before/after comparisons are amazing! Wow! Here are the first things that come to mind - you look much younger now, you have no strain in your chin, and your face is shorter. I LOVE your profile by the way and love your nose! I think you're beautiful and think that although you were very pretty before, the results are very flattering!!! You have a very feminine face. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete