My face is feeling less tight everyday, which is great. I feel like around my chin and cheeks have loosened up quite a bit. Directly under my bottom lip is still really puffy and numb.
I am getting really tired with the whole routine of taking elastics out, eating, rinsing, cleaning teeth, and putting elastics back in. I feel as though so much of my day is taken up with this repetitive routine. Also, how annoying is it having numb gums?? I am constantly getting food stuck in my upper and lower gums and not realizing it's there, until I rinse out my mouth and see it all fall out into the sink. I just can't feel it there at all. When I eat, food also gets stuck everywhere in my braces, like way more then it did before the surgery. My friend, who's wedding I went to on Day 9, has invited me around for dinner at her new house this week. I don't think I want to go because my eating is very unattractive to watch and still sometimes messy. Because I can't chew properly, I tend to shovel in my food really quickly in order to get that feeing of something inside my tummy. Maybe I am eating too quick, because I never get that full feeing anymore. I am constantly hungry and thinking about food! lol
Anyone else experiencing the same sort of issues with eating?? I really miss being able to enjoy my food properly. :(
In other news, my sister is finally coming up to visit me this Wednesday. She has three kids under the age of 6 and works crazy hours as a midwife, so I totally get why she has not yet seen me. I am very anxious to know what she thinks of my appearance. I will fill you all in with the details later this week.
My friend, who came with me to the wedding on Day 9, gave me a copy of all the photos she took at the ceremony! I had forgotten about this one. Arrggh!!! I was so swollen that day. I remember my cheeks felt REALLY hot and puffy and I was paranoid about having a red face. So glad I am past that stage now, yuk
That wedding photo above is a bit of a contrast to this one hey?! This was taken for a formal occasion before my braces last year! I really like this photo, but you can tell that my face appears very long due to a vertically growing bottom jaw and that I hardly had any chin definition.
I am much happier with my face shape and height now. I was also half smiling, as to not show any gum haha. Actually it's probably more similar to my current smile now.





wow you can really tell that your swelling has gone down SO much!
ReplyDeleteYou look really beautiful, and your profile is amazing! Absolutely perfect:) You remind me of this actress, Troian Bellisario, and she is so cute and pretty. I love looking at your updates keep postingg! sending lots of love x
Looking at the contrast of those two pictures is CRAZY! I know I have said this before, but it happens a lot so I will say it again; as I am reading blogs and looking at new pictures, I continue to do comparisons between the way someone looks in their current post and how they've changed from the the day before. I start to get so used to this new face and the new changes, I begin to forgot what the person looked like before surgery! It is so interesting to me to see these before and after photos! You look fabulous girl!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand your annoyance with eating. I feel like it would be really stressful to go to someone's house to eat, when whatever they are serving is up to them. I was able to go out in public and eat and felt fine, but I was able to pick what I wanted and what I felt I could not make a mess of. I also am hating the numb gums. Mine are only numb on the top, but it is still really frustrating, and it makes it difficult when brushing my teeth to tell if I am am cleaning the whole tooth or what I am doing!
Both you and Dani have such nice profiles! Your nose looks so different (in a good way obviously!) I feel like my nose is quite similar to how your nose was pre-op, so I really hope I get a nose as nice as yours after surgery! Also both you and Dani have said that you don't want people to not recognise you, but I really don't think it's a bad thing that they don't. You've got to remember that you've had a big change to your whole face structure, and it's definitely a good change so I wouldn't think of it as a bad thing that people don't recognise you at first!
ReplyDelete