Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 10 and 11

Yesterday was a really lazy Sunday. Stayed in my pj's all day and watched movies. I didn't even feel motivated to write a blog post.. anyways It was good to relax after my busy day at the wedding on Saturday. Today has been a perfect winters day! The sun is out and blue skies all around. I have been sitting outside all morning, soaking up the sun and getting my daily Vitamin D intake :) I will go for a walk around the block later on today because it's just too nice to be inside.

My appetite is well and truly back to its old self. There are so many things I wish I could eat right now. I am craving Vegemite toast, or a Vegemite and cheese sandwich. Before surgery without fail, I would eat Vegemite everyday. I really miss it :(
As an Aussie, I find it extremely hard to live without the stuff, and it is a great source of Vitamin B too.

**Dani did you try it when you were in Australia?? It's the best, but I know many Americans absolutely hate it and can't understand why we eat it! lol.**

I have been enjoying eating big portions of home made chicken soup, savory mince with mash potato, pasta Carbonara, pasta salad, rice pudding, stewed apples and pears with custard... basically anything soft and easy to swallow without chewing. I haven't started chewing anything really solid yet, but will ask my OS tomorrow when he thinks I can start.

We are having Thai Massaman Curry tonight. I cant wait!!! I will have to break apart the soft meat so it's easier to swallow but will eat lots of rice with the creamy coconut sauce...Oh its making me hungry now just writing this post, yum!

My swelling
has decreased quite a bit over the last few days, but still swollen around me lips, chin and bottom portion of my cheeks. No stitches have fallen out yet :( My bottom lip was driving me crazy last night, constantly burning and tingling. I hope this is a sign that some feeling is coming back.
All the bruising on my neck has gone, I just have a bit left on my right cheek that's slightly noticeable. I am starting to really like my side profile. It is so much less convex!!
Just had a look back on my before profile blog post, and my nose now actually looks smaller side on!! AMAZING, couldn't be more happier about that, however I'm not so convinced about it's appearance front on... I feel as though my nostrils have slightly widened. I guess we will have to wait to see after all the swelling has gone.





My number 1 craving!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow you look like a different person!! You look so good!! And yes your nose looks smaller, wow! I can't believe how much the surgery has change your face, you look gorgeous!! I keep wishing my surgery was sooner but I will have to be patient. I really love your blog because our profile and bite issues were so similar. Seeing how much the surgery has done for you is making me very excited.
    Also I heard so much about vegemite while I was in auss, im going to have to ask my mom what she thinks of it since she lives in Sydney. Whats it made of?
    So glad to see your improvement! Hope ypu enjoy your thai food tonight!
    P.s. Your face on photo looks great as well, I can see a huge change in the vertical shape of your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhianna, you look so amazing! I am excited for your results. Your swelling has gone down a lot. How is your bite? Can your teeth touch? (I mean, I'm sure they can now, but I have an open bite like you did, and it's just hard to imagine...!)

    I've tried Vegemite. It's a bit too salty for me, but I wouldn't say I hate it. Aside from peanut butter, my favorite toast topping is Nutella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, girl! I decided I am not fretting over lopsidedness or my nose or chin or what have you for 2 months. There are still so many changes to go through.

    So, what is vegemite? You got us U.S. girls curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls for the positive feedback. The changes so far are remarkable, and there is still a fair bit of swelling to say good bye to yet!! Your so right Tina, It will take a good few months to see the real results... so no need to fret just yet :)

    Ellie my bite is fantastic! It's so surreal to actually see my front teeth sit perfectly over my bottom without that massive "open" gap. I have perfect contact now. Pre surgery, my bottom jaw was 2mm off to the right, and now both top and bottom mid-lines match up :)

    Looking forward to the day when I can finally bite into a salad sandwich normally, without having to pull the tomato and cucumber out first.

    Vegemite is a type of sandwich spread, made from a yeast extract. It's brown, salty and very yummy. It's also is a rich source of Vitamin B and Folate. I love it on toast with melted butter. My friend and I took a small jar with us when we travelled to Europe :) It's very addictive and I have grown up on it, but I think If I had tried it for the first time as an adult I would think its yuk and too salty. I also love peanut butter and Nutella :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha for everyone who hasn't tried vegemite, it honestly tastes like super concentrated salt in a paste form. :-P

    and YES rhianna I have had it! I don't mind it, I do like it on toast with butter too, but only really a really thin layer or it's too much! I brought a jar home and had my family try it and I think they all nearly puked :-P

    ReplyDelete