I had a visit from my sister today. I was very curious to see her reaction, as she has not seen me since before my surgery. Wow, she was totally amazed with the changes in my profile and bite!! She couldn't believe the difference in my face shape and said that the surgery really has softened and balanced out my features nicely. It was so great to finally hear this from someone close to me. (other then my Mum). I was so worried she would think I look strange and still very swollen, but in fact, she kept saying, "I can't stop staring at your profile, it's amazing and really pretty".
I also met up quickly with my good friend on Tuesday, (the girl who's wedding I went to recently). Her husband and her are both nurses and can relate/understand the things I have gone through, so I told them all the gorry details of my surgery, haha. They both commented on how well I'm looking and were amazed at my before/after photos. It's nice to have their support :)
My lips still don't come together naturally. I can force them, but it's tight and does not feel comfortable at all. This is the only thing that is of concern to me now. I know it takes time, but having full lip competency was one thing I was really looking forward to post surgery. My lips are still tight and stiff and when I try to close them my chin puckers ever so slightly. I really hope it's not a permanent thing as I hated the dimples (mentalis strain) that would occur on my recessed chin, pre surgery. I am hoping it's just because there is still some swelling to subside. Besides this, I am more then happy with how everything else is coming along.
Nothing much else to report until I see my OS and ortho next week.






That is great to hear you are getting such positive feedback and support!
ReplyDeleteNo worries about not being able to close your lips just yet. I could not do so either but now I can!! It does just take time.
Wow, you really look fantastic! Swelling has really gone down. I'm really excited to see everyone's post-op bite.
ReplyDeleteHey Rhianna,
ReplyDeleteYour profile looks fantastic! At 4 weeks post op I completely agree with the lip thing, but I'm 6 and a half weeks now and my lips are beginning to close a lot easier with the swelling going down gradually.
Best of luck.
you look great Rhianna! of course :-) i can't believe it's already been a month! when did you notice you felt well enough to get out and about? it seems like awhile ago but i don't remember specifically.
ReplyDeleteLooking great!! Healing continues, im at 9 weeks and still on the journey. Congratulations. 4 weeks is a big deal!
ReplyDelete