Monday, November 21, 2011

3 weeks left in BRACES :)


Just a few more before/after shots :) counting down the days till the braces are finally removed in 3 weeks. BRING IT ON... Ohh and I finish my university degree this week... All good things to come

The before shot
After


The before shot
After








4 comments:

  1. you look beautiful before and after, but I LOVE the after! Im so jealous of your braces coming off, I can't even fathom that day yet lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That's so exciting Rhianna! I can't wait for your debracing day!! Congratulations - you're almost to the finish line! And you look lovely!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhianna, can you remind me what your movement was from the surgery?

    I'm still debating the genio - your before profile is similar to mine I think. Your profile is beautiful now! Did you have the genio? I think so, but cannot recall the specifics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara,

    Yes I had the Genio and very thankful I did. I think you would be wise to have one, even if you chose to have it after surgery, I'm sure you would not be disappointed with the results.

    In my case, I had a vertically growing bottom jaw and a severally recessed chin, which also pointed downwards, leaving me with a very long face profile. In order to balance my profile, I definitely NEEDED the genio. Without it, I would still look recessed and have problems with lip closure. Even now, I still do not have 100% lip closure, but it's close enough, which I am more then happy about. I also have the tiniest (hardly noticeable) amount of dimpling in my chin area, but it's nothing compared to the before. The mentalis muscle still needs time to stretch and readjust to it's new position, so hopefully by the 12month mark, it will have disappeared completely. if it ever becomes an issue in the future, I can always get a botox injection in that area to settle it :) hahaha

    Remember the chin bone is only moved a few mm, so the results ARE noticeable, but it a subtle and pleasing result. They will only move it as must as is needed to fit into perfect harmony with the rest of your facial features. It would be unlikely that you will be left with a massive chin. I think I had 5mm movement, but I really can't remember. My surgeon never openly discussed it. I trusted his judgements, and it seemed to work out :)

    ReplyDelete