Friday, December 16, 2011

NO MORE BRACES!!! Oh Happy Day

Hi guys, I had my braces removed on Monday. YAY!!!! I have had a massive week with finishing up work, christmas parties, job interviews and appointments that I haven't had the chance, until now, to pop on here and update you all with photos of my new SMILE!!!

Getting the braces off was a longer process then I remembered. My ortho had to do a lot of pulling and yanking to undo all the brackets. The removal of the brackets on my lower teeth hurt the most. I guess there smaller teeth and more sensitive with the extra pressure from the surgical wire and posts which have been on since before surgery. Plus he had to stretch my cheeks and bottom lip quite a bit to get access. My bottom lip is still somewhat sensitive. Anyways beside the bit of pain it all went well. Such a funny feeling when you can feel your naked teeth rub against the inside of your mouth and then seeing them properly in the mirror for the first time in over a year.

I had the invisible bonded retainer attached on the inside of my bottom teeth and also had impressions taken for the fitting of my invisible retainer next Monday. I will also get my whitening trays :)
Today I went to visit my local dentist for a check up. He has not seen me since before my surgery 6 months ago. He immediately noticed the difference in my appearance and bite and was very impressed with the outcome of my surgery and even more impressed with how well I've kept my teeth clean. No cavities at all :)

Massive changes are happening in my life at the moment. I finished my university degree, I left my cafe job of 4 years, and I am moving out of my family home of 24years to the Northern Beaches next week. I have secured a full time job :) Very excited!!








Got my braces off just in time for my work Christmas Party. It was also a farewell celebration for me and another girl as I am leaving after 4 years. I had not told anyone from work that I was getting my braces off the day before so they were all very surprised and amazed! It really was so lovely to be able to properly smile in photos with them all :)

The first real candid profile shot of me since surgery. I feel 100% comfortable with my profile at rest now :)

My amazing manager and I.

Me with the beautiful ladies I worked with!!





9 comments:

  1. Congrats Rhianna! Your smile is gorgeous! I had to post and say so as I head out to the hospital in a few minutes! And by the way I love the new haircut....it suits your new profile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat!!! you look beautiful!!
    Also, I love your new hairstyle!!
    Best of luck on your very exciting coming year. It has been great following your blog along your journey. I feel like it made me feel very comfortable with the whole process after seeing how well things turned out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhianna, you look so beautiful! I'm very happy for you! Good luck with all the new changes in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! Enjoy your beautiful new smile! Good luck with the move and your new job too...lots of exciting changes for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rihanna,

    You look fantastic! Congrats. Have a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! You look awesome! Congrats on your de-bracing, I bet it feels great :) Have an awesome 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete