BULA!!! Hey Guys,
I have just returned from an amazing week away with 5 friends in Fiji. The weather was absolutely perfect and sunny everyday! I had a great time snorkeling, jet boating, relaxing by the pool and drinking many yummy cocktails :) Im so glad I remembered to pack by braces wax as it definitely came in handy. I got a few ulcers while I was away which was a bit annoying and sore but the holiday was well worth it.. :)
Ok so my BIG NEWS is that my surgery date has been pushed forward by 2 WEEKS!!! which means my new surgery date is now May 26th, four days after I finish my Uni semester and 46 days from today!!! arghhh I cant believe how close it is now!!
My surgeon felt that I needed to allow extra time for healing and recovery as my original date would have only allowed me 6 weeks of recovery time before I had to return back to classes. As I am having double jaw surgery, a geniploasty and a septoplasty done together, 8 weeks is much better for me. I most likely will still have some numbness and slight swelling after 8 weeks but should be eating solid food and have full movement of my jaw by then :)
The only downside to the change of date is that I now miss out on my friends wedding on the 4th June :( I really wish I could attend but after only 9 days post op I think it will be unlikely. I guess we will see how I go.. who knows I may feel well enough to sit at the back for half an hour (drugged up of course) so I can at least see her walk down the aisle. I don't care about the amount of swelling I may have.. I just want to see her in her beautiful dress :)

Hey Rhianna! So glad to hear you had a great trip. Wow your surgeon wants you to take 8 weeks off of school? I'm having double jaw surgery and genioplasty as well and my surgeon told me I could do it during reading week and then go back. I think he's being a little optimistic. I don't think I'm going to want to be in class full time, walking through a school of 40,000 students a week after my face has been but back together lol. Did your surgeon tell you why the long wait to return to classes?
ReplyDeleteWow what a surprise to have your surgery pushed even closer! Thats pretty much around the corner!
Hey Vero.. I will not be missing out on any classes because I am having the surgery in my mid semester break from University which starts on 23rd May and finishes on July 25th. My original surgery date was scheduled for June 9th but seeing as i finish classes on the 23rd May I may as well use the extra weeks for more recovery time :)
ReplyDeleteWOW only one week to recovery.. that sounds INSANE!!! Have you seen people's Youtube video's who have had double jaw surgery and genioplasty?? they are still VERY swollen and bruised after a week. It takes at least 2-3 weeks of liquid diet before you can even open your mouth properly for solid food. Well I guess everyone is different but I think you need a good amount of time off so you can mentally and physically recover. Its a 6 hour surgery so its pretty major and very tiring :(
Yay! You are having surgery 3 days after me :) It will be nice to have another person to go through this recovery at the same :)
ReplyDeleteYes soooo glad there are others out there having it done around the same time as myself.. Looking forward to tracking your progress too Dani..keep in touch :)
ReplyDelete